Console & Listening Area
The heart of the studio is here. This is where you can listen to what has or is being tracked. It's just a few steps away from from the live room.
Instant feedback and response time to change is one of the most important parts of recording. With our open room philosophy, change can be dynamic
and conversations can happen without the need for additional monitoring or headphones which can sometimes block the dynamic coversations that need
to happen in a studio environment.
Computer and Network
The heart of a modern recording system is the computer system and its network. Soundhammer owns a custom-built Intel 990 Extreme i7 computer system that is whisper quite and
with water cooling. It supports up to 64 simultaneous inputs with enough processing power to host endless software plugins and virtual machines as needed.
All power supply's host automatic voltage leveling, ground isolation and surge protection through a professional-grade electrical supply system.
The main system's digital conversions are performed exclusivly off the new Presonus recallable XMAX V2 class A analog mic preamps. These new XMAX 2 preamps are amazing on stand
on thier own and offer a very natural sound while not adding noise. They are as good as they come.
Soundhammer uses Steinberg Cubase 8.2 Pro along with WaveLab 9.0 exclusively as our DAW software packages of choice. The studio has a greate on-going relationship
with Steinberg and it's various studio recording products.
Soundhammer Studio owns and implements custom (per-spec), highly modified, preamps and compressor units. We strive to obtain the best sounds, colors and vibes for its clients.
All of the preamps used at Soundhammer Studios have had the internal parts replaced and or modified by some of the top names in the business. These mofications
bring boutique sounds and improvement of sound to it's clients. Much of our preamps and compressors host interchangable components such as tubes and input and output OpAmps. Soundhammer has a selction of
prized OpAmps and tubes in its facility that it can drop in on the fly to dial up unique colors along with sought-after vintage sounds.
- Universal Audio LA-610 Tube Preamp
- Joe Meek TwinQCS Preamp/Channel Strip
- LINDELL X18s Preamps
- LINDELL X17s Compressors
- Golden Age Pre-73 MKII Preamp (Customized by ReviveAudio with Carnhill transformers, Panasonic and Motorolla caps)
- Grace M1010 Preamp (Stereo Pair)
- Warm Audio TB12 Tone Beast Preamps (stereo pair)
- Warm Audio WA-273 (Neve 1073 clone) Preamps (stereo pair)
- Warm Audio WA76 F.E.T Compressors (Stereo Pair)
- Warm Audio LA2 Tube Compressors (Stereo Pair)
- Warm Audio EQP-WA Tube EQ's (Stereo Pair)
- Presonus ADL 600 Dual/Stereo High-Voltage Tube Preamp
- ART MPAII Reference Series Dual Channel Tube Preamp
- ART VLAII Dual Channel Tube Compressor
- Presonus 8-channel M80 (in-house custom Jensen JT-11K8-APC and Burr Brown OPA627 opamp mods)
- Presonus RML32 XMAX V2 Preamps (64 total)
- Cloudlifter CL1 (in-line preamps, several)
DI (Direct Interface) Modules
Soundhammer has some of the bes DI options ever made. We carry quality DI's by names like Radial, Demeter, Warm Audio, UA, Reddi and many more. Several of our prized preamps have DI options built right in in order to take advanate of the wonderul audio colors and clarity they offer.
- REDDI Tube DI
- Demeter VTDB-2b Tube DI (stereo pair)
- Radial JDI- (Several, with Jensen transformers)
- Reamp JCR Passive Reamper
- Universal Audio LA-610 DI
- LINDELL X18 DI
- Golden Age Pre-73 MKII DI
- Warm Audio TB12 Tone Beast DI
- Warm Audio WA-273 (Neve 1073 clone) DI
- ART MPAII Reference Series DI
- Presonus 8-channel M80 (Jensen Transformers)
Software & Plugins
Soundhammer uses fully licensed software products. We host hundreds of plugins, virtual synths, and effects from the many vendors.
Our software list is huge, here are just a few vendors and products.
- Steinberg Cubase 9 Pro DAW Software
- Steinberg WaveLab 9 Pro DAW Software
- WAVES V9 Plugins (Platinum, Gold, API bundle, SSL bundle, etc. Huge collection)
- IKMultimedia Amplitube Guitar Amp Modeler
- Scuffham Amp Modeler
- Audified Amp Modeler
- Native Instruments
- Audified Amp Modeler
- Plektron Amp plugins.
- Plugin Alliance Amp Modelers
- Plugin Alliance Audio
- Peavey Revalver Guitar Amp Modeler
WAVES - Guitar Rig 5.0
- Anteres Audio
- SoundToys Audio Plugins
- Fab Filter Audio Plugins
Soundhammer has a vast collection of modern and vintage micropohones. Our collection includes such micropones as:
- Nuemann 1969 U87 Condensor
- AKG C414EB (Vintage Silver, with original vintage capsules)
- AKG D112 (Stereo pair)
- AKG 350 Pro Condensors Clip Mics (Four)
- Audio Technica 4033A (Stereo pair)
- Sennhieser MD441U (Stereo pair)
- Sennhieser 421 (many)
- Sennhieser e906 (Stereo pair)
- Sennhieser e609 (Stereo pair)
- Lewitt LCT 550 with 0db self-noise (Stereo pair)
- Electro Voice RE20 (stereo pair)
- Electro Voice ND/468 (stereo pair)
- Cascade Fathead II (Stereo pair) with Lindahl Transformers)
- Blue Hummingbird Condensors (stereo pair)
- Russian R-121 (Royer) Ribbon custom (Stereo pair)
- Shure SM7b
- Shure SM57 (many)
- Shure SM58 (many)
- Shure SM81 (many)
- Sure KSM44
- Sure 520 Green Bullets (harmonica mics, two customized volume pots/vintage elements)
- Warm Audio WA-47 Tube (Neumann U47 clone)
- Warm Audio WA-47jr FET (Stereo pair. Neumann U47 FET clone)
- Golden Age R1 Active Tube Ribbon
- MXL Revelation Multipattern Tube (U47 type Stereo pair with 1950's Telefunken tubes)
- MXL Revelation Stereo Tube (U47 type dual element with 1950's Telefunken tubes)
- MXL Aria Pro (Stereo Pair)
- MXLV67 (Stereo Pair)