Console & Listening Area
The heart of the studio is here. This is where you can listen to what has or is being tracked. It's just a few steps away from from the live room.
Instant feedback and response time to change is one of the most important parts of recording. With our open room philosophy, change can be dynamic
and conversations can happen without the need for additional monitoring or headphones which can sometimes block the dynamic coversations that need
to happen in a studio environment.
Computer and Network
The heart of a modern recording system is the computer system and its network. Soundhammer owns a custom-built Intel 990 Extreme i7 computer system that is whisper quite and
with water cooling. It supports up to 64 simultaneous inputs with enough processing power to host endless software plugins and virtual machines as needed.
All power supply's host automatic voltage leveling, ground isolation and surge protection through a professional-grade electrical supply system.
The main system's digital conversions are performed exclusivly off the new Presonus recallable XMAX V2 class A analog mic preamps. These new XMAX 2 preamps are amazing on stand
on thier own and offer a very natural sound while not adding noise. They are as good as they come.
Soundhammer uses Steinberg Cubase 8.2 Pro along with WaveLab 9.0 exclusively as our DAW software packages of choice. The studio has a greate on-going relationship
with Steinberg and it's various studio recording products.
Soundhammer Studio owns and implements custom (per-spec), highly modified, preamps and compressor units. We strive to obtain the best sounds, colors and vibes for its clients.
All of the preamps used at Soundhammer Studios have had the internal parts replaced and or modified by some of the top names in the business. These mofications
bring boutique sounds and improvement of sound to it's clients. Much of our preamps and compressors host interchangable components such as tubes and input and output OpAmps. Soundhammer has a selction of
prized OpAmps and tubes in its facility that it can drop in on the fly to dial up unique colors along with sought-after vintage sounds.
- Universal Audio LA-610 Tube Preamp
- Joe Meek TwinQCS Preamp/Channel Strip
- LINDELL X18s Preamps
- LINDELL X17s Compressors
- Golden Age Pre-73 MKII Preamp (Customized by ReviveAudio with Carnhill transformers, Panasonic and Motorolla caps)
- Grace M1010 Preamp
- Warm Audio TB12 Tone Beast Preamps
- Warm Audio WA-273 (Neve 1073 clone) Preamps
- Warm Audio WA76 F.E.T Compressors
- Warm Audio LA2 Tube Compressors
- Warm Audio EQP-WA Tube EQ's
- Presonus ADL 600 Dual/Stereo High-Voltage Tube Preamp
- ART MPAII Reference Series Dual Channel Tube Preamp
- ART VLAII Dual Channel Tube Compressor
- Presonus 8-channel M80 (in-house custom Jensen JT-11K8-APC and Burr Brown OPA627 opamp mods)
- Presonus RML32 XMAX V2 Preamps (64 total)
- Cloudlifter CL1 (in-line preamps, several)
DI (Direct Interface) Modules
Soundhammer has some of the bes DI options ever made. We carry quality DI's by names like Radial, Demeter, Warm Audio, UA, Reddi and many more. Several of our prized preamps have DI options built right in in order to take advanate of the wonderul audio colors and clarity they offer.
- REDDI Tube DI
- Demeter VTDB-2b Tube DI
- Radial JD
- Reamp JCR Passive Reamper
- Universal Audio LA-610 DI
- LINDELL X18 DI
- Golden Age Pre-73 MKII DI
- Warm Audio TB12 Tone Beast DI
- Warm Audio WA-273 (Neve 1073 clone) DI
- ART MPAII Reference Series DI
- Presonus 8-channel M80 (Jensen Transformers)
Software & Plugins
Soundhammer has access to many software products. We can obtain hundreds of plugins, virtual synths, and effects from the many vendors.
If you have a particular requirment, please do not hesitate to mention it alongside of your project
Soundhammer has a vast collection of modern and vintage micropohones. Our collection includes such micropones as:
- AKG C414EB (Vintage Silver, with original vintage capsules)
- AKG D112
- Aston Starlight (Lazer sited Stereo pair)
- Aston Origin
- Audio Technica 4033A
- Audio Technica 4033A
- Sennhieser MD441U
- Sennhieser 421
- Sennhieser e906
- Sennhieser e609
- Lewitt LCT 550
- Electro Voice RE20
- Electro Voice ND/468
- Cascade Fathead II with Lindahl Transformers)
- Blue Hummingbird Condensors
- Russian R-121 (Royer-type) Ribbons
- Shure SM7b
- Shure SM57 (many)
- Shure SM58 (many)
- Shure SM81 (many)
- Sure KSM44
- Sure 520 Green Bullet
- Warm Audio WA-47 Tube
- Warm Audio WA-47jr FET
- Golden Age R1 Active Tube Ribbon
- MXL Revelation Multipattern Tube (U47 type Stereo pair with 1950's Telefunken tubes)
- MXL Revelation Stereo Tube (U47 type dual element with 1950's Telefunken tubes)